Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Crowsmas 2012 Holiday Crowstoes Swatches!

I was going to wait until after Halloween to post these swatches but it looks like the cat is already out of the bag about this collection! This is going to be a long post so go ahead and grab yourself a snack and get comfy!
Full disclosure: Lauri did send me these polishes but all of my opinions of them are honest.

Like I said, there are a lot of photos to get through so I'll try to keep my chatter to a minimum. There will be more information about the collection, including how to order them, at the bottom of the post.

Bah F@#$%*G Humbug
Insanely beautiful. I already feel like I need a backup of this polish. The name is hilarious too.

One coat over Essie Mesmerized



One coat over Gosh Miss Minty





Blue Christmas
I've been loving smaller glitters lately and I'm so glad that this collection has several polishes with small glitters. Blue Christmas is primarily filled with black and blue glitters but there are also some orange, green, and purple glitters in the mix.

One coat over Zoya Dove



One coat over Zoya Robyn




Three coats by itself





A Christmas Crow
This one was so hard to get a decent picture of. Pictures do not do this one justice. It's got red/green duochrome shimmers in it but my camera mainly captured the red flash. This polish is the only one in the collection with a tinted base. If you're a fan of blacks or vampy polishes then you're going to love this one!

One coat over Finger Paints Black Expressionism




Three coats by itself




Her Goose Got Cooked
The color combo in this one is very soft and delicate. I think it would look great in any season (not that most of us follow the rules when it comes to seasonal colors). A guy even complimented me while I was wearing this polish.

One coat over OPI Steady As She Rose





One coat over Zoya Blair





Holly and Hellfire
This one is even sparklier in real life. The smaller red glitters just light up whenever the light hits them.

One coat over Sally Hansen Racey Rouge



Three coats by itself





Jingle Balls
This one looks like Lauri chopped down a Christmas Tree, blended it up, and put it in a bottle of polish. This looks exactly like Christmas to me, even down to the star on top of the tree. The stars weren't hard to get out. I managed to get one out for both swatches without having to fish around for it.

One coat over China Glaze First Mate



One coat over Orly Enchanted Forest




Making Christmas
Again, this one just screams Christmas!

One coat over Essie Geranium



One coat over Color Club Perfect Mol-ten




Three coats by itself




Maxxed Out
How I feel after I've bought Christmas gifts for everyone!

One coat over Color Club Antiquated



One coat over Illamasqua Load



One coat over Verity Deep Violet






Whew! I hope that wasn't too much of a picture overload for you all! 
Okay, onto my thoughts. I think overall, this is the best collection that Lauri has released so far. I didn't know how she was going to be able to top her Halloween collection but these polishes are fantastic!
As far as application goes, I didn't have any problems. I didn't have to dab any of them on, I just painted them on like a normal polish. As you can see, they're all pretty dense. I only needed one coat for good coverage. If you're only doing one coat then two coats of topcoat should smooth everything out for you. 
One last thing, the labels on my bottle are different from the normal ones. Any bottles you purchase will have the standard label on them.

Here's some info regarding how to buy these polishes. 

**This collection is limited edition**
If you are interested in any of these polishes, make sure you get them while you can as they are limited to the holiday season. Make sure to put them at the top of your Christmas lists!


Right now, there's no official release date that I know of. Make sure to keep an eye out at Llarowe's and Overall Beauty's Facebook pages. You can also sign up for their newsletters (sign up info is located on their websites) if you don't use facebook. 
Overall Beauty and Llarowe will each have exclusives just for their websites. Here's the breakdown:

Overall Beauty:
Bah F@#$%*G Humbug
Blue Christmas

Llarowe:
A Christmas Crow
Her Goose Got Cooked
Jingle Balls

Both stores:
Holly and Hellfire
Making Christmas
Maxxed Out

6 comments:

  1. Aah, these are so totally gorgeous!! Special thanks for giving us a couple of different undies for the glitters to really show them well. I think Jingle Balls might be my favourite, but it's such a hard choice...that amazing shift in A Christmas Crow is just...WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow,this collection is amazing! And Jingle Balls it's exactly like Christmas in a bottle :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Makes me excited for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do I love all of these?? My wallet is crying right now haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwww!! This collection is so gorgeous. You're killing me. I have to have them all.....all I say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to add them to my own personal CrowsToes collection.. Thanks for showing off such amazing swatches!!!

    ReplyDelete