Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Gradient Nails + Tutorial

Here's my take on a gradient mani:




I used two Island Girl polishes for my gradient, Aloha Luau and Big Island Volcano

Here is a quick tutorial showing how I achieved these results!




1. Apply your favorite base coat and then 2 coats of your base color.
2. Pick out a second color that you will use for your gradient.
3. Using a sponge, apply both colors to the sponge and lightly overlap the two colors. 
4. Sponge the colors onto your nails until you're happy with the results. You may have to do this step twice.
5. Clean up with acetone and a small brush (or q-tips). 
6. Apply a quick dry top coat and you're done!

For Reference:
1 coat Nail Magic
2 coats Island Girl Big Island Volcano
Sponged on Island Girl Aloha Luau
2 coats NYC Grand Central Station




6 comments:

  1. This is an insanely perfect gradient!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynn!
      I'm really happy with how it turned out. I think using the base color and the gradient color on the sponge makes it MUCH easier to achieve the look. I used to just use the gradient color on my sponge and it would make the gradient look a bit too harsh.
      I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  2. I'm also wearing gradient mani right now! It's so pupular! I love the colors you've used :) Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these two colours together. I might have to try this sometime with that H&M turquiose and Illa Jomina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I didn't comment before, but I just love the look of this gradient. The color combo is to die for, and you did the gradient perfectly. I actually made a point to get my vacationing friend to bring Aloha Luau back from HI, and I love the purple so much. It's totally unique in my collection.

    ReplyDelete