Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Nostalgic Nail Lacquer Duckie + Barry M Mint Green

Nostalgic Duckie is a glitter polish in a sheer milky base. You can wear it alone but I prefer to layer it over a complimenting color. I think it's too sheer by itself but I know some people like that look. I've been in love with milky glitters for the past few months and I'm happy to have this polish in my collection. I managed to snag this and Blane during one of Nostalgic's sales.
I love the colors and sizes of the glitters. My only complaint about this polish is that there aren't enough glitters in it (despite how it looks in these pictures). I know it's meant to be sparse but this was just a little too sparse. I had to fish around to get some glitters out. This is two slightly thick coats over Barry M Mint Green.




Here's Barry M Mint Green by itself. Mint green is one of my favorite colors of nail polish. It's just a very calming color for me to look at. This polish leans more blue than any of the other mints in my collection. I don't have anything else similar. Application was wonderful. 




7 comments:

  1. Hi! I just stumbled upon your blog, I love your swatches and reviews, following you now~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Mint Green! Perfect under Duckie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It took me a while to find a polish that I wanted to wear Duckie over. I really liked how these two looked together.

      Delete
  3. omgoshh this is such an amazing combo! i usually love dense, packed glitter bombs, but this one is lovely as is <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It took a little bit of work to get the glitters out but I really liked the final outcome. I agree, sometimes it's nice to just have a little bit of glitter.

      Delete
  4. Looks beautiful, I need to add mint green to my collection!

    ReplyDelete