If you're like me, then right now you're thinking, "Wait, what? What's a Liebster Award?" Glad you asked! I hadn't heard about it until yesterday either. Jennifer summed it up pretty nicely at her blog so I'm just going to copy what she said:
"The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. I have a tendency to Google everything so I just had to look up what Liebster meant. Liebster is the German word for sweetheart, dearest, favorite, beloved. So I guess this is for your favorite new blog!"
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the "tagger" has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. There's no tag backs.
11 Things About Me:
1. I'm a Junior in college majoring in Computer Science.
2. I have a cat named Pumpkin.
3. Fall/Autumn is my favorite season.
4. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan. Seriously. My roommate and I have a wall decal at our school house that says, "The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the heir... beware." We're cool.
5. Blue and orange are my two favorite colors.
6. I love video games.
7. Target is my favorite store ever. I can stay in there for hours and just look around. I also can't walk out of there without spending money, no matter how hard I try.
8. I love ice cream. Sometimes I think the only reason I exercise is so I have an excuse to eat more ice cream.
9. I prefer salty things over sweet things. Usually when I eat sweets I'll follow it up with something salty.
10. I rarely watch movies and I'm clueless when it comes to most celebrities, so most pop culture references are lost on me.
11. I love to read! One of my favorite things about Summer vacation is that I have tons of free time to read. My favorite genre is Dystopian novels.
11 Questions For Me:
I was tagged by two different people so I decided to combine a few of the questions that were similar and then I just picked my favorite questions so I didn't go over 11.
1. When/How did you start blogging?
Back in February. I had been posting my NOTD pictures on forums for about a year and then I just decided that it would be fun to start a blog.
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
England. I would love to live there some day. I love all the old architecture and the history, it's so fascinating.
3. If you were stuck on an island what are the top 5 things you need?
Is it sad that I'm having a really hard time answering this question? I'm not sure if I should go a more literal route and list survival stuff or if I should answer with fun items.
- Cell Phone (although, if I have service out there, why am I stuck on the island?)
- Books (probably Harry Potter)
4. What's your favorite nail polish color? Favorite finish?
Blue! No shocker there! As for finish, I'm going to go with cremes. I'm so boring but you just can't beat a good creme polish and they're the perfect base for any sort of nail art or glitter.
5. How many bottles of polish do you own?
Good question! Last time I counted it was around 250 but I've bought more since then. I would say it's close to 275 because I've also been trying to get rid of polishes I don't love.
6. If you could have a super power what would it be?
The ability to speak and understand every language.
7. What are your hobbies other than blogging?
Cycling is a big passion of mine. My whole family cycles and it's a great way for us to be active and spend time together.
Another hobby is photography. It's still a new hobby and I've still got a lot to learn about it but it's something that I'm interested in.
8. What is your favorite makeup brand?
Before I was big into nails and nail polish, I spent a lot of my money on makeup. Even back then I don't know that I had a favorite brand though. I guess if I had to choose, it would be a tie between MAC and Makeup Forever. MAC for their affordability and MUFE for their foundations.
9. What trends do you hate?
As far as nail trends go, I'm not a huge fan of Caviar or Flocking nails. I think they look interesting but I wouldn't be able to handle having it on my nails. The texture would be too strange for me. I also don't really care for the Ruffian manicures. Something about them just looks strange to me.
10. If you won a million dollars what would you do with it?
Pay off my school bills first.
I would go on vacation with my family, most likely to England and a few other places in Europe.
Buy a new bike and some new wheels.
Go on a small shopping spree.
Then put the rest of the money in a savings account so that I could save up for a house in the future.
11. What are your pet peeves?
People yelling. I hate hate hate yelling.
Chewing with your mouth open/ Smacking your gum.
11 Questions For You:
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
2. What color do you have the most of in your collection?
3. How many bottles of polish do you own?
4. What do your friends/family think of your hobby?
5. What are your hobbies other than blogging?
6. What would be your dream polish?
7. If you could have any super power what would it be?
8. What is your favorite food?
9. What trends do you love?
10. What is your first memory of nail polish?
11. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?
My Nominations (Sorry if you've already been tagged!):
1. Hap Hap Happy Hands
2. Did My Nails
3. Blattitude Nails
4. Polished Pirate
5. The Manicurette
6. Lavish Layerings
7. Polish and Patience
8. Something Polished
9. The Frustrated Fashionista
10. Nail Soup
11. Nicely Varnished